All Middle & High school Classes will be ONLINE via Zoom application
from Thursday, March 19, 2020 until further notice by SMA Officials.
(Students please scroll down this page for more instruction to connect to your teacher's online class and find your class schedules *** Parents please scroll down for Conference Call number with detailed schedule and for latest Parent Consent Form to be signed and return ASAP)
St. Mary's Academy - Sisters of the Holy Family
Paving the Way Project
St. Mary’s Academy – Sisters of the Holy Family
Paving the Way Project
Hosted by: Fundraising Brick
Engraved Brick Order Deadline: May 25, 2020
For additional information regarding our engraved brick campaign please contact Sr. Alicia Costa, S.S.F. at email@example.com or call 504.241.3088 ext. 105.
For over 150 years Saint Mary’s Academy has instilled in our children moral values, and a love of God and Community while receiving excellent academic preparation. The Sisters of the Holy Family is working with St. Mary’s Academy to raise funds for the school which is in urgent need of basic building maintenance, repairs, school supplies (e.g., paper, printing, science lab supplies, lunch), utilities costs, etc. Please help us help them by purchasing a brick or more now. All proceeds will go directly to SMA for the immediate needs stipulated above. Tuition costs do not cover every need of the school; we depend a great deal on donations. We are a private school; thus, we do NOT receive income from the Archdiocese as some believe. Please support our efforts to continue the SMA legacy for our students now and into the future. God bless you for your generosity.
Paving the Way Project
SMA Parent Update
April 7, 2020
As we move into this Holy Week, based on what the experts have shared with us, we are told that this will be the roughest week of the pandemic. It was also a very rough week in the life of Jesus. The week that Jesus died on the cross for all of us. Reflecting on all that is occurring around us, we should be prayerful and grateful. We must be grateful that we have a roof over our heads and food on the table. We must be grateful for our lives. We must pray for one another, and all those known and unknown who are experiencing difficulty and challenges. We are living in challenging times. The St. Mary’s Academy family is in prayer for each of you and your families and pray that God will continue to bless, provide and sustain for you.
Many things have changed since March 13th, our last day in the classroom. We moved quickly to online learning and the teachers and students are doing a great job. Teachers have adapted to the technology and students have complied by being in class. We appreciate your cooperation in making certain that your son or daughter is attending class daily. Please know that this last and final quarter of the year is very important. Contrary to some of the misinformation that is circulating, the classes definitely count and student attendance is important.
We are moving quickly towards the end of the year and are sharing the end of the year calendar with you. Please note the following very important dates:
- Easter Break – April 10-17 (No online Classes, No Office Hours)
- Resume Online Classes – April 20
- Last Day of Class for Elementary – Tuesday, May 19
- Last Day for Middle and High School – Wednesday, May 13
- Last Day for Seniors – Monday, April 27
- Official School Closing – Monday, May 25
- Please communicate with firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any tuition payments or you may send a money order or cashier’s check by mail.
We are prayerful that all End of the Year activities will be scheduled at a later date after direction is received from government officials, i.e. 8th Grade Girls, 7th Grade Boys, and 12th Grade-Special Events.
Happy Easter to you and your families. Let us continue to stay safe, stay inside and pray.
Sr. Jennie Jones, S.S.F.
Please check your email, the school’s website, and all official school social media accounts regularly for updates.
- SMA Website: smaneworleans.com
- SMA Facebook: www.facebook.com/maryitecentral
- SMA Instagram: @maryitecentral
- SMA Twitter: @maryitecentral
- Email Request to: email@example.com
- Student Email/RenWeb accounts or ParentsWeb account Inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org (NOTE: You must email this kind of inquiry using your parent’s email on family record, or your stmarysno.org email. Any un-recognized email, especially *icloud.com email will not be accepted!)
COVID-19 Communication #1 – covid-19 letter to stmarysacademy community
COVID-19 Communication #2 – covid-19 letter2 to stmarysacademy community
COVID-19 Communication #3 – covid-19 stmarysacademy letter3 to the community
Zoom app for online classes at SMA
Connection Instruction for students
Students will use the following Teacher’s Email list to obtain Zoom ID directly from teacher if needed:
SMA Middle/High Teachers Email are as below:
1. Sr. Barial: email@example.com
2. Mrs. Bell: LBell@smano.org
3. Sr. Beatrice: Sr.Iroegbu@smano.org
4. Mr. Boissiere: RBoissiere@smano.org
5. Ms. Jasmine Brown: Jasmine.Brown@smano.org
6. Mr. Brunus: KBrunus@smano.org
7. Mr. Gates: JGates@smano.org
8. Mrs. Green-Miner: CGreen-Miner@smano.org
9. Mr. Haywood: KHaywood@smano.org
10. Mrs. James: EJames@smano.org
11. Ms. Johnson: TJohnson@smano.org
12. Ms. Joseph: MJoseph@smano.org
13. Mrs. Keys: JKeys@smano.org
14. Mr. Martin: JMartin@smano.org
15. Mr. Meehan: JMeehan@smano.org
16. Ms. Moore: VMoore@smano.org
17. Mrs. Palmer-Joyce: MPalmer@smano.org
18. Mrs. Russell: ERussell@smano.org
19. Mr. Smith: JSmith@smano.org
20. Mr. Watson: EWatson@smano.org
21. Mrs. Young: IYoung@smano.org
22. Mrs. Duncan: VDuncan@smano.org
23. Mrs. Bradford: SBradford@smano.org
24. Mr. Lagarde: ELagarde@smano.org
25. Mrs. Thomas: SThomas@smano.org
26. Mrs. Etienne: JEtienne@smano.org
27. Mr. Gremillion: JGremillion@smano.org
28. Mrs. Sherman: JSherman@smano.org
29. Mrs. Winder: KWinder@smano.org
30. Ms. Katie Chaffin: KChaffin@smano.org
31. Ms. Jessica Coalson: JCoalson@smano.org
32. Mr. Dong Nguyen: firstname.lastname@example.org
33. Mrs. Aisha Jones: AJones@smano.org
34. Mrs. Scavo: JScavo@smano.org
35. Mr. Scavo: JScavo@smano.org
36. Sr. Jennie: email@example.com
37. Mrs. Rogers: firstname.lastname@example.org
38. Mrs. Ochillo: MOchillo@smano.org
SMA Elementary Teachers Email are as below:
1. Mrs. Ancar: AAncar@smano.org
2. Mrs. Arnold: MArnold@smano.org
3. Mrs. Barnhizer: TBarnhizer@smano.org
4. Mrs. Bemiss: NBemiss@smano.org
5. Mrs. Crayton: LCrayton@smano.org
6. Mrs. Elum: WElum@smano.org
7. Mr. Evans: AEvans@smano.org
8. Sr. Ferguson: SrFerguson@smano.org
9. Sr. Jackson: SrJackson@smano.org
10. Mrs. Jumpiere: LJumpiere@smano.org
11. Sr. Lenehan: SrLenehan@smano.org
12. Mrs. Moore: LMoore@smano.org
13. Mrs. Sebastien: MSebastien@smano.org
14. Mrs. Young: IYoung@smano.org
15. Mrs. Arcenaux: PArcenaux@smano.org
16. Mrs. Marion: SMarion@smano.org
17. Mrs. Creighton: CCreighton@smano.org
18. Mrs. Slack: SSlack@smano.org
St. Mary’s Academy Student Schedules for Online Classes
(Please click the file to view your schedule to login in at the appropriate times.)
High School Online Student Class Schedules: SMA High School – Online Class Schedule
Middle School Online Student Class Schedules: Middle School-Online Class Schedule
Elementary Student Class Schedules: SMA Elementary Online Student Class Schedule
March 12, 2020
St. Mary’s Academy Summer Enrichment Program
Monday – Friday, June 1-26, 2020
The Summer Enrichment Program at St. Mary’s Academy is open to all students currently enrolled in grades Kindergarten through 8th Grade. The program will include Academic Activities in ELA and STEAM, Field Trips, Summer Reading and the Development of Social Skills. This is a bridge that extends from one academic year to the next.
Free Breakfast & Free Lunch Daily!
For more information about the Summer Enrichment Program, please contact our Business Office at 504.245.0200.
To download the registration forms click HERE.
February 5, 2020
2020 Debutante Court
Introducing, St. Mary’s Academy 2020 Debutante Court & Queen
Queen Rayne T. Williams
1st Maid – Kayla Belfield
2nd Maid – Tia Bishop
May 23, 2019
134th Annual Commencement Exercises
Forty-seven seniors received diplomas from St. Mary’s Academy assistant principal Cheryl Ross Brown, in ceremonies marking the 134th graduation of St. Mary’s Academy on May 16 at Austin Gymnasium. Father Daniel H. Green, pastor of Blessed Trinity Catholic Church was the principal celebrant and homilist of the Baccalaureate Mass that preceded the graduation ceremonies.
St. Mary’s Academy alumna Dr. Rayanne L. House, a general Pediatrician at Daughters of Charity Health Centers and a newborn nursery attending physician at Touro Infirmary served as the commencement speaker.
The members of the Class of 2019 have been accepted to more than 62 colleges and universities around the country and earned more than $6.1 million in scholarships and awards.
Armani Travis, daughter of Nedra Bell and Eric Travis of New Orleans, was valedictorian. Throughout her years at St. Mary’s Academy she has maintained both President’s Honor Roll and Renaissance Star status. Travis, a TOPS Scholar, earned the highest-average awards in science, English, social studies and physical education. She was a member of several extracurricular activities, including the National Honor Society, SMA Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta, cheerleaders, Resurrection Singers, chorus, Mu Alpha Theta, SMA World Language Club, Science Club, SMA Ambassadors, Retreat Team, Pre-Alumnae, softball, archery and SMA Garden Club. She plans to attend the University of Louisiana at Lafayette majoring in mechanical engineering.
Salutatorians of the class were Dominique Hagans and DaJah Lawson.Read More
2019-2020 Student Leadership
2019-2020 New Student Leadership at SMA
We proudly introduce to you our new Student Body Leaders!
The student body of St. Mary’s Academy is pleased to announce the election of the Student Council Officers for the 2019-20 school year.
Pictured from left to right – Treasurer-Deja’Nae Tolbert; Secretary-Taja Johnson; President-Canada Jones; Vice-President-Rayne Williams; and Chaplain-Tia Bishop.
Welcome to the Cougar Cave!
Welcome to the Cougar Cave!
Welcome to our Bookstore – the Cougar Cave!
Today the Administration, Faculty and Students celebrated the opening and naming of the SMA Campus Bookstore. Mrs. Duncan’s 8th Grade Homeroom had the honoring of coming up with the name of the bookstore – Cougar Cave.
Please visit the Cougar Cave to get all things SMA!
CPR Training for High School Students at SMA
The Health & Physical Education Department at St. Mary’s Academy partnered up with New Orleans East Hospital to provide CPR training and certification for high school students. The students are now CPR & First Aid Certified. CPR is the acronym for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation which is a lifesaving technique. Young ladies learned that CPR performed within the first 6 minutes of the heart stopping can keep someone alive until medical help arrives. They gained lifesaving skills that helps to respond to emergencies.
The certification is good for two years.
St. Mary’s Academy Mock Trial Team
WINS MOCK TRIAL COMPETITION
Congratulations to our Mock Trial Team they are the winners of the ARBTAW 2019 High School Mock Trial Competition.
Pictured here are the members of St. Mary’s Academy Mock Trial Team … Selena Mason, Demi Youngblood, Jailan Magee and Trinity Jackson; and Kevin Guillory, Eusi Phillips, Brian Woods and Tony Tran.
Trinity Jackson also won the award for best advocate (best overall attorney).
Thank you to the coaches and Mr. Keith Haywood, the Moderator for the team this year.
Growing up in New Orleans, Natalia Veronica developed an appreciation for art and culture at an early age. The daughter of a seamstress and an architect, she spent countless hours at either a sewing machine or drafting table learning how to sketch and fashion garments. Recognizing their daughter’s tremendous gifts, Natalia’s parents encouraged her artistic development.
In 1994, Natalia enrolled as a freshmen at St. Mary’s Academy where she participated in the Journalism Club and created artwork for class events and competitions. Following her graduation in 1997, she moved to Dallas to study fashion design at The Art Institute of Dallas. Upon earning a degree in fashion design, Natalia continued to create artwork and designs and worked for luxury based companies including Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus and Prada.
After a lifetime of sketching and painting, she decided to start exhibiting her artwork in various art shows. “As I began showing my paintings in galleries, I realized I wanted more people to be able to appreciate and attain my work,” said Natalia who also started creating limited edition prints of her original works. “I also wanted to find a way to incorporate my love of fashion design, that is when Natalia Veronica was established.”
All of Natalia’s merchandise is named for a personally significant street or moment. She even designed a hand painted handbag called the “Maryite” as a nod to her alma mater. The collection has been featured in many publications and selected for the Kimbell Museum of Art in Fort Worth, Texas.