- We exist to provide the principle link between St. Mary’s Academy and its worldwide network of alumnae.
- We are committed to making the school aware of the value of its alumnae and alumnae aware of their vital role in the school’s future.
- Our goal is to promote a shared spirit among alumnae, students, faculty, staff, and administration through projects that benefit our school and to engender our students, as future alumnae, a sense of pride and loyalty to St. Mary’s Academy.
The purpose of this organization shall be to assist the Sisters of the Holy Family at St. Mary’s Academy in New Orleans, Louisiana in their efforts to provide quality education, spiritual nurturing, financial, social, economic, and cultural growth in the development of young women. In addition, the following will be acted upon by the association:
- The Alumnae’s chief purpose and commitment is to support the philosophy, goals, and objectives of St. Mary’s Academy and the educational mission of the Sisters of the Holy Family.
- To provide financial assistance and support to St. Mary’s Academy and its high school students.
- To support projects that will enhance and preserve St. Mary’s Academy.
- To support class reunions, homecomings, open house and other similar events celebrating the school, its students, and its alumnae.
- To collect monies by way of fees, donations, and fund-raising activities to hold and invest these funds to further the purpose of the association.
SMA SHIELD AND LOGO TRADEMARK
The shield and logo of St. Mary’s Academy is a trademark and sole property of St. Mary’s Academy. As such, it has been brought to the attention of St. Mary’s Academy that businesses and/or individuals are producing SMA paraphernalia; particularly, creating Face Masks, with the SMA Shield and/or logo.
Be advised that the production of any items depicting the shield and/or logo of St. Mary’s Academy is against the law and all such usage SHALL CEASE AND DESIST IMMEDIATELY. FAILURE TO CEASE AND DESIST SHALL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH 15 U.S.C. & 1051 et seq.
Any person desiring to use the school trademarked shield or logo shall receive written permission from St. Mary’s Academy. Permission may be requested, in writing, from:
St. Mary’s Academy
6905 Chef Menteur Highway
New Orleans, LA 70126
Attention: Connie Fitch, Alumnae Director
Supporting these vendors do not benefit St. Mary’s Academy! Maryites, please do not to patronize these vendors unless you know they have received written permission from St. Mary’s Academy.