Saint Mary’s Academy’s long tradition continues as a private Catholic college preparatory co-educational elementary and a middle / high school for young women. In a family oriented atmosphere, Saint Mary’s is committed to educating the whole person. Students are taught to live Christian values, think critically, give service and act responsibly in a global society.
St. Mary’s Academy is committed to the threefold purpose of Catholic education (message, community and service) as outlined in “To Teach As Jesus Did.” We strive to promote an integration of religious truths and values as we work toward building a Faith Community.
We believe in the education and formation of the whole person: spiritually, physically, culturally, intellectually, emotionally, socially, and aesthetically. We, therefore, seek to promote the opportunity for each student:
- To know Christ and develop a value system based on His teachings;
- To form and live Christian community in worship, motivation and fellowship;
- To respond to the obligation of giving Christian service and working to achieve justice in society;
- To develop the student’s individual powers and capacities to the fullest;
- To develop an inquiring intellect, profitable habits and skills which will produce a moral Christian, a cooperative citizen and a useful and successful member of our democratic society;
- To develop good health habits and an understanding of the conditions necessary for maintenance of physical and emotional well-being;
- To develop the ability to find God in the beauty of the environment, experiences, and every person that is met.